Impact Of Youth Work On European Local Communities
BACKGROUND OF THE PROJECT:
Y-EUTH-PACT! Is an Erasmus+ Strategic Partnership project with the aim to increase the quality of youth work by bettering the capacity and competences of youth practitioners to assess the impact of youth work itself on local communities thanks to the creation of innovative tools and methodologies. By doing so, the project will also contribute to increasing the level of recognition of youth work as a social engine for a stronger and better European society.
This project will thus create and test innovate, open educational resources (OER) and interactive tools and methods capable to support youth practitioners in assessing in a more effective way the impact of their work on their local communities so increasing the overall quality of youth work.
PROJECT OBJECTIVES & RESULTS:
- To standardise good practices for assessing the impact of youth work and volunteering projects on local communities
- To create methodologies, guidelines and tools for youth workers to enable them to better assess the impact of youth work on local communities
- To develop a framework of competences for youth practitioners in order to become “impact assessors”
- To develop a training programme with e-modules to train and build competences and skills in youth practitioners on impact assessment practices
- To equip organisations’ staff with tailor-made methodologies and tools to improve the way they assess the impact on local communities
- A comparative report on the impact assessment of youth work on local communities in the represented countries: Holland, Spain, Italy, Bulgaria and the UK
- An e-manual to support youth practitioners to assess the impact of their activities on their local communities as well as to enable them to plan and develop better, customized local projects and activities
- A framework of competences for youth practitioners needed to become “impact assessors” of youth work in their local communities
- An “e-game 4 Impact”: an interactive tool to support less experienced youth practitioners to improve their capacity to evaluate their impact on local communities and, at the same time, to raise awareness about the importance of the impact of youth work on local communities
- An e-learning programme (free of charge!) for the capacity building of youth practitioners and to help them develop the identified and required skills to better assess the impact of their activities on the local communities
- 20 youth workers from Holland, Spain, Italy, Bulgaria and the UK will have the chance to take part in a mobility in Holland and be trained first hand with the resources and methodologies developed within the project, besides being able to pilot test and share recommendations on the set of tools and innovative practices developed within the project Y-EUTH-PACT!
P1) Coordinator) Stichting Social DNA – THE NETHERLANDS
P2) GoEurope · Asociación Intercultural Europea – SPAIN
P3) Polygonal – ITALY
P4) SCAS – BULGARIA
P5) GLASP – UNITED KINGDOM